Thursday, March 18, 2010

Doing our part for the USPS

In recent months we have all heard about the troubles facing the United States Postal Service. That is why Jason and I have vowed to do our part to keep the organization afloat. Our answer? MAILDROPS. Like it or not, we have roughly 10 maildrops all packaged up for destinations along the trail that don't have decent grocery stores where we can resupply.

Its been a daunting task to say the least. You see, in order to get these maildrops ready we had to tentatively plan out our schedule for the next six months. That's right, six months. In my everyday life, I usually don't know what I am doing in six days, let alone six months. Take into account weather, injuries and other unforeseen circumstances, its very difficult to plan six months in advance. But nonetheless, it had to be done.

Now that this part of the planning is over, I can say I am much relieved. By the way, did you know that the flat rate boxes from the post office are free? I hope my mom is proud!


Our food stocked up in the closet...you'd think we were preparing for WW3


We all know how well Kristen organizes!


You are welcome USPS!

1 comment:

David Mica, Jr. said...

your face is priceless hope yall are excited cause i am. I've been listening to Widespread all week and eating Granola

David