Monday, March 1, 2010

In my mind I'm going to Carolina...

On our journey back to Florida we made two stops in South Carolina. There is so much I love about that state, the food, the water, the laid back lifestyle. And what makes the state even cooler is that this is where Hootie a.k.a. Darius Rucker, calls home.

Our first stop was Murrells Inlet--home to my big brother Brian. After a long days drive he and his girlfriend Kelley treated us to a lovely dinner at a seaside restaurant. When we returned home, I finally got to see Cole Trickle "drop the hammer". The wait was worth it.

The next morning we got up and continued southward toward Charleston to meet our dear friend Carolyn for lunch. If you've not been to the Hominy Grill in Chucktown, I highly recommend it. Not only do they have fried cheese grits, they also stock each table with boiled peanuts. It made Jason and me very happy to be back in the South!

Thanks to Brian, Kelley and Carolyn for being great hosts!









Jason + Kristen

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

YAY!!! So glad I got to see you all! Love you!