Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Blue Ridge Parkway


Day: 59 (May 23)
Starting location: Daleville,VA
Ending location: Boblets Gap Shelter
Miles today: 18.5
Miles total: 737.6

I don't usually lodge at a Howard Johnson Express, but friends let me tell you how impressed I was with their hot breakfast. It was great, and all you can eat! Jason and I enjoyed waffles, cereal, eggs, biscuits and donuts. For the first two miles, I was really regretting that second donut.

As we stopped for lunch, we heard lots of approaching thunder, not our friend thunder, but storm thunder. We made a quick decision to wait the storm out in the shelter. It was a good idea and the rain passed quickly. Soon, we were on our way nice and dry.

Today we began walking along the Blue Ridge Parkway. For the next 100 miles we criss cross this infamous roadway. It's nice for us because it means the possibility of random trail magic. It also means curious people asking how many miles we have hiked. A man today couldn't believe that we hiked from Georgia, he said we had machine legs.





Me at an overlook on the BRP

Conan + Backward

1 comment:

Heather said...

SO, I found out yesterday that I will be in Charlottesville the first week in June on a business trip ... I was researching last night and saw that a chunk of the AT runs along Charlottesville, and I thought to myself, TRAIL MAGIC ;)