Thursday, May 13, 2010

Holy Cow--500 Miles

Day: 42 (May 6)
Starting Location: Wise Shelter
Ending Location: Trimpi Shelter
Miles Today: 20.0
Miles Total: 516.6

The Proclaimers famously penned the lyrics, "and I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more." The funny thing is that we actually have walked 500 miles and we will be walking 500 more. Before we started our AT journey I never thought those lyrics were realistic--that someone could walk 500 miles. The proclaimers really knew what they were talking about.

I am going to make this a short entry...I am not feeling very well. My Uncle Ned called in an antibiotic to Walmart in Marion, VA which we will pick up tomorrow. A big thank you to him for his help. Being sick is the pits.


Our 500 mile picture!


Seeing cows on the trail is now an everyday thing.

No comments: