Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Day: 111 (July 14)
Starting location: Kent, CT
Ending location: Silver Hill Campsite
State: CT
Miles today: 10.2
Miles total: 1,466.9

*Warning Graphic Content*

Yesterday, Jason mentioned that I was struggling with my stomach. Well that is putting it lightly. The morning began with an early morning trip to the restroom followed by 10 more trips throughout the day. I know it's gross, but we write about the good, the bad and the ugly. Hopefully I start to feel better soon because it's a little frightning being in the middle of the woods and not knowing what is wrong with yourself. Not to mention we are running out of toilet paper. And don't worry folks, I am drinking plenty of Gatorade and staying hydrated. Thank goodness for my wonderful husband who I know is looking out for me. It's really comforting to have someone to lean on as much as I lean on him.

In other exciting trail news, we saw a deer swimming in the Housatonic River. He was really having a good time swimming back and forth from bank to bank. I didn't even know deers could swim! Did you?




Mr. Deer getting out of the water.

Conan + Backwards

2 comments:

Danielle said...

hope you feel better soon!

(i came by way of the Miner family.)

only 711 miles to go! you guys are awesome!

Katie Ashley said...

feel better kristen!!!