Saturday, July 17, 2010

I'm Feeling Better!


Day: 113 (July 16)
Starting location: Salisbury,CT
Ending location: Salisbury, CT
State: CT
Miles today: 0.0
Miles total: 1,489.4

Even though it was nice waking up in a comfortable bed, I still was feeling bad. We tried to get into the a nearby doctor but he didn't have any open appointments. Since this was day 5 of my stomach issues, I was starting to get worried. We were finally able to get a hold of our friend Brooklyn who had an extra refill of his giardia medication. He had gotten the illness just last week and was kind enough to let us have his refill. Thanks Brooklyn--he just about saved me! We got the prescription filled and I started the medication. Our plan was to take the day off to see if the antibiotics worked. If they did, we would hike on the next day. If they didn't, we would go to he hospital.

By noon I was already feeling much better. Medicine is an amazing thing friends. What is even more amazing is my wonderful husband who has taken care of me through this whole ordeal. I don't know what I would have done without him. It's very comforting to know I have him to lean on through anything, even giardia!

We spent our entire day in bed watching TV. Usually when we take zero days, we have lots of chores to do in town. I can't tell you how nice it was to just relax. We even got to watch Ellen and Oprah, which is such a treat!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers, it really meant a lot! I will pray that you all never get giardia because it is simply the pits!

Conan + Backwards

3 comments:

Marie said...

Glad you're feeling better Kristen. Grandma has been worried about you. I shared your last couple of posts with her. Looks like you guys are entering the final stretch. Good luck and stay well! :)

mary caroline said...

So glad you're feeling better Kristen!! I can't even imagine how difficult it was! I love the sweet things Jason said about his wife and I'm so glad he was there to take of you :)
xoxo

p.s. can't believe you're already in Mass.!!

Unknown said...

Sooooo glad you are feeling better! Somehow I missed this post and have been worried silly about you. Big storm just came through here and was thinking of you both, hopefully you are in/near shelter during summer's unpredictable weather. Can't believe you are already in VT! Happy trails :)