Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pool Time

Day: 100 (July 3)
Starting location:Vernon, NJ
Ending location: Vernon, NJ
State: NJ
Miles today: 0.0
Miles total: 1,347.7

We slept in a little late but hey we didn't have any miles to hike! We spent a relaxing afternoon lounging by the pool and swimming. The Hodgson's backyard looks like something out of Better Homes and Gardens, the way the pool and backyard are landscaped is just beautiful. I really enjoyed just hanging out and catching up on some celeb gossip magazines.

Later that day Jason and I said our goodbyes to the Hodgsons and ventured over to my Aunt Suzie's house. She treated us to a great steak dinner served al fresco out on her patio. My three cousins Clint, Trevor and Christopher, as well as my Uncle Dick, joined us for a nice meal. As night time approached, we made our way down to the lake and watched a great 4th of July fireworks show.

Today was our 100th day on the trail, even though we weren't really on the trail. I am so proud of us, it's kind of like celebrating a 100th episode!! Hey don't they always have cake for an occasion like that?




Oh how I love pool floats




Fireworks!!!

Conan + Backwards

No comments: