Tuesday, April 27, 2010

All in a Month's Time


Day: 32 (April 26)
Starting location: Cherry Gap Shelter
Ending location: Stan Murray Shelter
Miles today: 21
Miles total: 377.5

It's so hard to believe that it's been one month since we began our journey. A whole month! So much can happen in that amount of time, and for us it has. One month has brought us through three states and nearly 400 miles, all on our feet. I saw someone write in one of the shelter logs, "may your smiles outnumber your miles". I would say that for Jason and I that saying rings true. It's been the most exciting month of my life.

Today is another big milestone, we did our first 20+ mile day! Woop woop woop (picture the Arsenio Hall arm motion). Today was cold, rainy and windy. It's easier to do big miles on days like these beacuse you don't want to stop and risk getting cold. But when it's 40 degrees and blowing 25 miles per hour it's makes the last three miles really tough. So tough that I may have shed a few tears. But when we arrived at the shelter, changed into dry clothes and climbed into our sleepings bags, all was well!!

Goodnight folks, my hands are cold! Brrrrr.





The view from our shelter...spooky scary!




I was trying to be Robin Hood in anticipation of the upcoming.

Conan + Backwards

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Am excited about seeing you two

NOTE: I found an interesting website which will calculate the distance between shelters and towns on the AT. http://widgo.com/trail/#

Carolyn said...

Love the spooky pic! I may have to miss the May 3rd mail drop and send ya'll something on the next one- I'm sorry :( Finals are taking over my life. Wish I was on the AT with ya'll! Miss and love you! Still stalking you daily!