Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bed, Bath and Beyond


Day: 14 (April 8)
Starting location: NOC
Ending location: NOC
Miles today: 0
Miles total: 135

Last night we slept in a bed. It was amazing. Really amazing. And today after I used the restroom, I got to wash my hands. In a sink. Not just with purell hand sanitizer, but with real soap. The best was sleeping with a pillow, not just a jacket rolled up under my head. It's funny the things that I take for granted everyday.

It was a good day of resting our bodies and relaxing. Watching some Masters coverage was great too...I'm pulling for Tom Watson. We recieved our first maildrop from Mrs. Klauk and it was so exciting. Thanks mother, you did a great job! Now we have full packs and enough food to get us to Gatlinburg, TN which is our next stop.

Tomorrow we have a tough climb out of the NOC, 7 miles straight up. Yikes! Wish us luck!




Jason with our maildrop from Mrs. Klauk.

Conan + Backwards

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I am still hoping you'll take a day wen you get to Elk Park, NC. would love to see you.

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

Ha my fav post yet! Loved talking to you yesterday! You made my day! So happy ya'll are loving it thus far!