Saturday, April 24, 2010

Turkey Season

Day: 28 (April 22)
Starting location: Flint Mountain Shelter
Ending location: Low Gap
Miles today: 14.9
Miles total: 319.0

Have I ever told you how much I love our tent? Well I do. It's our little home. Our very little home. This morning I didn't want to get out of it. I was just so cozy and for some reason today it was really cold. Once we did get started, it was a beautiful day.

We stumbled upon a turkey hunter about mid morning. He was dressed in full mossy oak camp and he had a shotgun slung over his shoulder. Luckily Jason and I look nothing like turkeys, so we were safe.

When we reached Devils Fork Gap, we came to a fence with a latter structure. We had seen these things in videos but hadn't encountered one on the AT yet. It was a first.

Tonight we camped in a gap because the next shelter was too far away. We were afraid that we may have to camp alone. It just makes us feel safer when there are others around, safety in numbers. Soon after we set us camp, So Far, Dry Clean and Studmuffin showed up. So rest easy folks, we are not alone.

ps- sorry this post is somewhat lame, to be honest nothing too exciting happened today. I joke with Jason that he always gets the big news days to write on. So even though it was a slow day news wise, it was still a great day on the trail.





Conan + Backwards

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The pictures are beautiful and I am loving the new pink shorts! Glad you guys were not alone--looks like everything is perfect!