Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hot Springs, NC

Day: 23 (April 17)
Starting location: Max Patch
Ending location: Hot Springs, NC
Miles today: 19.3
Miles total: 271.8

Today started out as a foggy and rainy morning but turned out to be another beautiful day on the AT. It was an extra special day today because we were meeting my parents in Hot Springs, NC. Hot Springs is one of the great trail towns on the AT and the trail actually goes straight through downtown. Hot Springs is known for it's natural hot springs which the Indians orginally thought had special healing powers.

After our longest day yet, Kristen and I met my parents in downtown Hot Springs at 6pm. My parents rented a 3 bedroom cottage from the Mountain Magnolia Inn B&B. The cottage was awesome and was definitely a huge step up from the places that Kristen and I have been staying in over the past couple of weeks. Chicken, ribs, baked potatoes, carrots, salad, cake, and cookies & cream ice cream was the end to a great day.

BTW, Kristen and I really enjoy reading all your comments on our blog. Thank you for taking an interest in our journey, it's really means a lot.




The top of this sign shows how far we have come but is also a sobering reminder that we have a long way to go




The Mountain Magnolia Inn

Conan + Backwards

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yay for hanging with the Klauks! Hope ya'll had a fab visit!

Unknown said...

I didn't even know you could make comments until I read that you liked reading them. I am following yall's journey and keeping you in my thoughts. you guys are my heros! Chris Reddick got a job in Old Town Alexandria so he will be headed up that way in early May. Good luck to you and see you guys soon!

Sharon said...

It was good to hear from you. I am thinking of what to feed you when you get here. Any food allergies or food you will not eat that I need to know about?

Kristen + Jason said...

Sharon- we are excited for our visit, as for food, we are easy. But whatever you make, make a lot because our hiker hunger has set it :)

Dave-Yay for your comment and give your dad our best. We should be in DC for a few days come the beginning of June--any chance you'll be up for a visit?

Caro-the rest and visit has been amazing! I miss you friend. How is studying going???

Kristen + Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saundra Gamble said...

Hi K&J.....we are so glad you had a good visit with Peggy and Fred.....and a lot of good food and rest......we love you and miss you and worry about you......enjoy yourselves and know that we are thinking about you......Eddy and Saundra