Monday, June 28, 2010

Familar Faces

Day: 94 (June 27)
Starting location: Leroy Smith Shelter
Ending location: Wind Gap, PA
State: PA
Miles today: 4.6
Miles total: 1,268.8


I was so excited I could hardly sleep. In fact, by 6:00 am we were awake and packing up camp. We had only 5 miles until PA 33 where we had arranged to meet my parents and our host Elaine. Elaine is a friend of my fathers from high school and she runs her own Vineyard in Bangor, PA.

It was so great to emerge from the woods and see our family waiting for us. We haven't seen my parents since we began our journey back in Georgia. We all exchanged hugs and we headed back to Elaines. Elaines winery, Franklin Hills Vinyard, is just beautiful with rows and rows of grapes. She lives in the cutest little farmhouse right on the land. Jason and I both took quick showers and headed out the pool to relax. We enjoyed a great afternoon with Elaine and her family, along with another high school friend of my fathers, Tom Hodgson. We will be staying with the Hodgsons next week when we get to New Jersey.

Elaine pulled out all the stops for us on our visit. We had great homemade wine and a catered dinner. It was all so nice being able to spend quality time with my parents and friends.







Me and my Dad





Taking a ride on the John Deer around the farm.

Conan + Backwards

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cool!!! What a great break :) Stay strong through the rest of PA!

mary caroline said...

what a great celebration - I know they were just as thrilled to see you :) I know you both are loving every minute!

Lauren said...

So glad we got to catch up and that you got to spend time with your parents! I bet you are hiking those miles with no problem this week knowing that you get to see them again :) Keep it up!!