Monday, June 21, 2010

I'd Rather Be Fishing

Day: 87 (June 20)
Starting location: Peter Mountain Shelter
Ending location: Rausch Gap Shelter
State: PA
Miles today: 18.0
Miles total: 1,166.9

Today was just one of those days where both Kristen and I didn't feel like hiking. These days are not common for us on the trail, but they happen from time to time. During the day I was thinking that I would do anything for a couch, AC, a TV, and a World Cup game. On second thought, I want one of those chairs that are sold at Brookstone that massage your back, neck, and legs all at the same time. Oh, that would be unbelieveable. I can compare the feeling to having to go into work on Monday after a long weekend. You don't want to go but you know you have to. So despite our mood, we pounded out our miles for today.

Happy Fathers Day to all fathers out there. We hope our fathers had a great day.



Passing through the farmland of southern PA

Conan + Backwards

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Hey kids, check your voicemail...My Dad wants to cook y'all dinner when you hit New Hampshire. Wish I could be there!