Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Goal!!!!

Day: 90 (June 23)
Starting location: Port Clinton, PA
Ending location: Windsor Furnace Shelter
State: PA
Miles today: 6.1
Miles total: 1,214.2

It was great to have a morning where we didn't have to set an alarm. Well, actually, we did set an alarm for 10:00 so that we wouldn't miss the USA v. Algeria soccer game. We didn't need the alarm because we were both up by 8:30. We enjoyed a great breakfast compliments of the Microtel and hurried back to our room to watch the game.

I've never been much of a soccer fan, but this World Cup stuff is exciting! We both jumped out bed when we finally scored in the final minutes of the game. It was awesome to see the USA make it through to the next round. I loved seeing everyone's status on facebook have something to do with the soccer game and the winning goal.

After the game ended we checked out of the hotel and headed over to grab lunch at Subway. I tried their new chicken salad and it was rather tasty. I enjoyed a few fountain diets cokes and then we headed back to the trail.

Only a few more days until we meet my parents in Banger, PA!! We are both so excited.

Oh and ps - a very Happy Belated Birthday to my funniest friend in the whole world, Ms. Kylie Craig! I miss you so much!



Conan + Backwards

No comments: